6.12.2012

Moma's Awesome Crock Pot Taters Recipe


I have an addiction to starch. I'm aware of it. I'm dealing with it. I don't think I'm alone. So.. I bring you, the starch remedy...I mean recipe. How hard is this one? Way to easy.
Lets get started!

Ingredients:
6-8 Medium Potatoes; peeled and quartered
1/4 Cup Chopped Onion
1 Can Cream of Potato Soup (or you could swap that for this.)
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1/4 Cup Velveeta; cubed
1 Cup Shredded Cheddar
1/2 Cup Milk
Salt and Pepper

Directions:
Layer half of the potatoes and onions in the bottom of a prepared Crock. Cover with the Velveeta and some salt and pepper. Layer remaining half of potatoes and onions on top. Add 1/2 of the Shredded Cheddar. Mix together Soup, Milk, and Sour Cream, pour mixture over potatoes.
Cover cook on Low for 6 hours or High for 8 hours. If you have a Crock that cooks fast, you can cut this time down. Remember to experiment until you know your Crock Pot.  Stir the potatoes and add the remaining cheese over the top. Cover and allow the cheese to melt about 15 minutes.

I was told by my daughter and husband that these tasted like Cracker Barrel hashbrowns.(◡‿◡✿)  I hope you get the same praises. If you want to go lighter you can always swap ingredients to suit your taste, potatoes are quite forgiving. You could always use the recipe for a Christmas Breakfast. Let me know if you use this recipe. I love hearing from you all.

Enjoy!

Photobucket

No comments: