7.10.2012

Chickenettes Recipe


What is a Chickenette? Well, it is my new word *poof* enjoy it. If Rachel Ray can invent EVOO I can have Chickenettes. Right? ;) Besides this delish dish needs a unique name. My family loves Salmon patties or Salmonettes. So I decided to try them with chicken. I used the method of cooking you use when making salmon patties. I just changed up the ingredients. This one should be pretty easy and oh so tasty. :)

Ingredients:


3 Cups Shredded Rotisserie Chicken 
1 1/2 Cups Bread Crumbs
1 tsp Chicken Seasoning
1 tsp Onion Powder
EVOO for frying
Pepper
2 Eggs


Directions:


Place your chicken in a processor one cup at a time and pulse it a few times. Don't over do it or you'll have a puree. Place processed chicken in a bowl with the bread crumbs, chicken seasoning, onion powder, and pepper; mix. Taste this mix now and adjust seasonings if desired. Lightly beat the eggs and pour them into the dry mix. Pour the oil into a frying pan turn heat to medium. Now get your hands dirty! Mix everything up and form into 12 patties. Press them into the frying pan once oil is hot. These will cook about 4-5 minutes on the first side and 2-3 on the other side. You are basically cooking the egg and browning them. We served these with chicken gravy. My family really loves them and requests them all the time. I have to say that the Rotisserie Chicken really is the ingredient that makes or breaks this recipe. You could always use what ever chicken you have on hand but more seasoning may be required.


Tip:
Rotisserie Chicken is a staple in my house. I make mine with this recipe in my crock pot so it doesn't break the bank. I put the left overs in a freezer bag in my freezer for recipes like this one. In seconds I can make homemade chicken and dumplings, chicken noodle soup, or chicken tacos that taste like I worked hard all day. 


As always I hope you like this one. If you have any questions let me know in the comments. 
EnJoY!

No comments: