Welcome to the The Halton Mom! If you enjoy meal plans, recipes, reviews, and giveways you’ve come to the right place. I want to welcome you to the Back-to-School Blog Tour sponsored by Living My MoMent and The Work at Home Woman.
When I became a part of this tour I started thinking about what my contribution could be and I think I’ve found it. How many of you struggle with after school snacks that are frugal and healthy? I know me too, I’m not too happy about passing out Fruit Roll-Ups or Gummy Bears. My kids love granola and during my quest for the perfect after school snack I found this great recipe!
Sunny Honey Granola
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats
- ½ Cup Slivered Almonds
- ½ Cup Sunflower Seeds
- ½ Cup Coconut
- ½ Cup Honey
- ½ Cup Oil
- ¼ cup Raisins, (or Semi Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips)
- Non-Stick Vegetable Spray
Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Stir honey and oil in a separate bowl and then combine with oat mixture.
Spread out on a sprayed baking sheet and bake 300 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes, or until golden.
Pour into a clean bowl and stir in raisins.
Enjoy! Big kids love this as much as the little ones! I had to hide this from my husband and my older nephew came by and told me to give the recipe to his Moma. Totally a keeper!
Now that you have a great snack for after school lets enter some giveaways. The Back-to-School Book Tour will run from September 6th-10th.
PRIZES for the Back-to-School Blog Tour!
- (September 6th) Kids Décor, Inc Gift Certificate – $25
- (September 7th) Chocolate Cake Club Four Peas Spunky Stripe Backpack – $35
- (September 8th) Market Mommy Gift Certificate – $25
- (September 9th) Always b Designs School Themed Clipboard – $20
- (September 10th) Little Ladybug Designs Printable Party Package – $55
- (September 11th) Passion Parties by Erica Let’s Play Massage Oil and Amazing Hot Massage $31
Have a great day!
Subscribe via Email.