6.05.2012

Banana Raisin Nut Muffin Recipe (Egg Free)


≧◔◡◔≦ Doesn't that look just yummy? Trust me they are! Monday the kiddos wanted something different for breakfast and I was out of eggs. I really didn't want to disappoint them. So.. I went to the internet and started sewing recipes together until I came up with this one. I hope you enjoy it. We sure did!

Banana Raisin Nut Muffins
(Eggless)

2 cups All Purpose Flour
3/4 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Oats (I used quick cooking oats)
3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
3/4 cup Raisins
1/4 cup Nuts (I used pecans)

Wet Ingredients:
1/3 cup Oil (I used Canola)
1 and 1/2 cups Mashed Ripe Bananas (about 2 medium)
1/4 cup Applesauce



Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease a mini muffin tin.
  2. I pureed the bananas using a fork in my measuring cup or you could use a potato masher too.
  3. To the banana mixture add the sugar, applsauce and oil; beat it well with a whisk or electric beater.
  4. To the wet ingredients add the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt; mix until just combined. Stir in the raisins and nuts.
  5. Fill each mini muffin cup 3/4ths full. Bake for 10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
  6. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.  



The kids and I waited as long as we could for them to cool. :-) After awhile we split these open and spread a little peanut butter inside. So so yummy! I froze the rest for future breakfasts! I threw them in a Ziploc and presed out the air as I sealed it. You can pull these out and heat them in the microwave for 10 seconds or let them thaw on the counter top. If you can't wait they could be eaten frozen, it hasn't killed my husband yet. ;-)  It looks like Freezer Cooking has official begun. Be sure and save this one for those days when you are out of eggs or for those of you that are egg free.

Happy Baking and Enjoy!
(‐^▽^‐)

Photobucket

No comments: